- Develop new business prospects; follow on targeted/identified customers to secure new business and service existing customers. Identify customers and targets of opportunity that will develop into signed contracts producing work packages primarily in support of Measuring Systems.
- Analyze existing and anticipated customer requirements and promote consideration of company products and services to fill such requirements. Achieve assigned regional business goals and financial targets that result in quality sales in accordance with established company guidelines.
- Routinely meet with in-direct sales team (representatives, distributors, and agents) to educate, train, and collect voice of the customer on technical aspects of existing product line; Develop, coach, and build winning negotiation skills that will improve Sales Team probability of success while simultaneously mitigating the risk of failure.
- Mentor and develop entry level personnel into knowledgeable and valuable team members.
- Actively participate in all subcontract business proposal activity for assigned region. Perform preliminary research on proposals; assist in the development of follow-on proposals. Work actively with functional departments in the translation of proposals to firm contracts.
- Provide business development intelligence to management and participate in the development of sales forecasts and strategies.
- Participate in regional trade shows as directed. Assist in the analysis, creation and implementation of region specific, market specific and category promotional programs. Prepare and conduct sales presentations, as appropriate, for each specific potential customer.
- Establish and maintain effective communication among functional departments and customers to facilitate problem identification and resolution. Maintain thorough understanding of all subcontract business development activity and plans at all times in order to support immediate and/or urgent senior management requirements. Liaison directly with customers in the promotion of assigned product.
- Gather market intelligence and report on economic drivers and market trends that contribute to corporate strategy, influence strategic innovations, and informs sales forecasts.
- Maintain technical proficiency and consult with perspective customers regarding company products and services while simultaneously being prepared to create written material that advocates products (case studies, white papers, etc.).
- Contribute to the development of a cohesive marketing plan and assist in preparing promotional material, briefings, proposals, and technical awareness using an easily understood format.
- Keep informed of new products and other information of interest to customers. Maintain up-to-date and accurate identification of all key decision makers at current and potential customers.
- Position requires extensive travel. May be required to obtain security clearance.
- Protect the company’s proprietary information and trade-secrets.
- Perform other duties as required.
General: Maintain personal productive and quality standards as determined by supervision. Follow standard departmental/company practices and procedures, as outlined by management. Where required to access DoD classified information, must be qualified for appropriate security clearance. Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform similar and other related duties, as required.
Note: This job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.