We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Sr. Project Manager to join our team in Greenfield, IN.
At Kaman Fluid Power (KFP), our Sr. Project Managers direct and manage projects from beginning to end and develop project plans to drive to successful completion. This exciting opportunity offers the ability to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deliverables, deadlines and within budget.
Kaman Fluid Power, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of motion control products and highly engineered systems and components for precision hydraulic and pneumatic applications. We are committed to providing our customers with the right solutions, focusing on their needs, and exceeding their expectations. Our people are the foundation of our success. The key to sustaining our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.
• Review incoming project orders and scope of work for clarification of work to be performed
• Review and or define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders
• Review project contract documents and agreements
• Ensure that the scope of work is defined prior to job release
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Liaise with project stakeholders including vendors, customers and sales teams on an ongoing basis
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including customer
• Provide direction, instruction and support to company resources to ensure quality, efficiency, and profitability
• Identify and resolve project issues and conflicts within the project team
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Track project milestones and deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
Broad knowledge of a general technical field including contracts, proposal management, business development and project management
Superior customer service and relationship skills are required
Strong organizational and effective communication skills
Must have demonstrated prior success at managing technical programs with significant dollar value
History and experience with complex systems is a plus, as is manufacturing experience
The ability to read and interpret fluid power, pneumatic, process, mechanical and electrical CAD schematics is necessary
Kaman Distribution Group, a division of Kaman Corporation, is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. we recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent.