- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills. Tact and judgment to assert the employer’s position yet empathize with the employee.
- The ability to provide technical and regulatory competence and confidence when communicating and interacting with insurance brokers, insurance carriers, consultants, and various government agencies.
- Project Management – Ability to organize, follow up, schedule events, activities and resources. Set up and monitor timescales and plans.
- Problem Solving – Ability to use a range of methods to identify and solve issues, weigh up options and draw conclusions adopting a systematic approach and the ability to recognize gaps and deficiencies to solve problems in a methodical way that is comprehensive in scope and focused on preparing and implementing solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of MS Project, MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of audiences with an emphasis on senior management.
- A strong history of successfully working in a collaborative team environment with other business disciplines and peers. Ability to listen, share ideas, and implement plans as directed
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, environmental and/or safety. Professional registration as a licensed engineer, certified safety professional or other nationally recognized EH&S certification is a plus.
Experience: Ten to fifteen years of experience in the fields of worker safety, environmental management, property protection and contingency planning. A strong manufacturing background and knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes with emphasis on aviation products manufacturing