We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Intern to join our Precision Products division in Colorado Springs, CO for the Summer of 2019 in the Memory and Measuring Group.
1. Assist with engineering and support processes.
2. Work with engineering team in test lab environment.
3. Create and update drawings, including incorporating Engineering Change Orders through release.
4. Research and identify new mechanical parts, components and materials.
5. Develop and release component/part specification data records.
6. Support Research and Development, design analyses and design validation.
7. Assist with quotes and Sales Order documentation for product manufacturing release.
8. Support design documentation and review.
9. Perform other duties as requested.
Must be a 3rd or 4th year Mechanical Engineering student working towards a BS in Mechanical Engineering. Familiarity with basic engineering analysis, problem definition, solutions approach. Familiarity with developing design concepts, layout design, and fundamental validation and verification. Desire to learn detailed product design process. Effective communication and organization skills are a must. Must have experience with Microsoft Office and Solidworks. Project Management and database management skills are a plus.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.