Year after year, Kaman delivers technical breakthroughs and innovative solutions that ensure our customers can meet their critical challenges. Others may approach challenges in a similar manner, but our people set us apart from other companies. Technology may advance and industry may shift, but Kaman will always be a place where individuals can come to work and truly make a difference and be recognized for their efforts.
The Quality Engineer I, Under the general direction of Quality Management, is responsible for the management of moderately complex or single quality assurance engineering programs or functions.
Invested in our future together.
• Develop and implement plans to accomplish Quality department objectives that support schedule and meet contract objectives.
• Work with and interpret blueprints, drawings and mil-specs in accordance with government and/or customer contract requirements.
• Monitor status of NC’s and MRB activities to ensure milestones are accomplished.
• Identify problems in production related to NC’s and assure a plan is developed in coordination with other operating departments for implementing corrective actions. Initiate corrective action, if appropriate.
• Provide leadership on quality issues concerning both customers and internal to assure effective cause, corrective and preventive action; monitor for continued effectiveness.
• Participate in program reviews and product cell meetings.
• Support Quality Department FAI inspection activities.
• Serve as liaison between MRB and management to ensure requirements, cost and schedule are maintained. May be required to develop and present quality metrics management.
• Assist in the development and presentation of training programs, as needed.
• Follow standard departmental and company procedures as outlined by management.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.