Year after year, Kaman delivers technical breakthroughs and innovative solutions that ensure our customers can meet their critical challenges. Others may approach challenges in a similar manner, but our people set us apart from other companies. Technology may advance and industry may shift, but Kaman will always be a place where individuals can come to work and truly make a difference and be recognized for their efforts.
The Quality Engineer II, under the general direction of Quality Management with a minimum of supervision, is responsible for the management of complex or multiple quality assurance engineering programs or functions.
Invested in our future together.
• Develop and implement plans to accomplish program objectives that support schedule and meet contract objectives.
• Work with and interpret blueprints, drawings and mil-specs in accordance with government and/or customer contract requirements.
• Monitor status of master plan and all related department plans and schedules to ensure milestones are accomplished.
• Identify problems in the program and assure a plan is developed in coordination with other operating departments for implementing corrective actions. Initiate corrective action, if appropriate.
• Recommend manpower requirements to ensure the proper resources are being applied for current and expected work, and to assure on-time delivery of products to the customer. Provide leadership on quality issues concerning both customers and internal programs to assure effective cause, corrective and preventive action; monitor for continued effectiveness. Provide quote or cost estimate information, based on complex or highly detailed contractual requirements, to support new business proposals.
• Participate in program reviews and product cell meetings.
• Provide recommendations for improved contractual performance.
• Serve as liaison between customers and management to ensure customer programmatic requirements, cost and schedule are maintained.
• May be required to develop and present quality and reliability issues/concerns to customers.
• Assist in the development and presentation of training programs, as needed.
• Guide and assist lower level quality engineers.
• Follow standard departmental and company procedures as outlined by management.
• Have ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.