The individual will be responsible for providing leadership and management of a set of customer programs assuring the timely delivery and effective accomplishment of contractual objectives. Plans, directs and supervises IPT (Integrated Product Team) comprised of customer point(s) of contact, engineering staff, production leaders and production team(s).
• Leads and manages all activities within assigned IPT (Integrated Product Team), coordinating with shared production resources to produce products on time and on budget.
• Responsible for profitable growth of assigned customers.
• Leads and manages engineering effort to design parts and tooling, qualify and develop parts and processes.
• Develops a master plan to accomplish assigned program’s objectives including milestones for key activities and an outline of the management approach for accomplishing the objectives. Assures that supporting functional areas develop detailed plans which support the master schedule and meet the contract objectives. Monitor team plans and schedules to ensure milestones are accomplished; where slippages occur, determine cause/impact and initiate corrective actions.
• Analyze cost and schedule performance reports to assure validity; identify trends and potential adverse impacts; estimate completion position and provide information to management as required. Responsible for program cost through gross margin.
• Provide early warning to management of specific problems that may affect fulfillment of contractual obligations and ensure corrective action is taken. Conduct and actively participate in program reviews by identifying major problems, status of corrective action, providing recommendations for improved contractual performance.
• Manage and contribute to cost estimating/control and master scheduling to prepare program budgets and schedules for assigned programs. Establish and maintains effective communication among co-workers including Site Staff, production leaders, direct value add team members and other functional areas to Facilitate problem identification and resolution. Participates in continuous improvement activities.
• Serves as the primary customer point of contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, technical performance and any concerns. Visits customer’s place of business as required.
• Participates in the preparation of proposals as required. May act in the capacity of proposal manager for new business opportunities specific to existing customers including presentations up to and including corporate office.
• Assist with the hiring, training, coaching, developing and performance feedback of team members. Establish team goals/objectives and performance measurements.
• Attends and actively participates in all other assigned meetings and training sessions.
• Will complete other duties as assigned by manager.
Education: A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a business management or engineering discipline with some coursework leading to a master’s degree preferred. PMP certification preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years project management experience in the field of aerospace with at least 3 years of program management and/or team leadership experience. Good understanding of all aspects of business operations from quotation through delivery.